Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Learning to be mean..........

I appear to have a stalker.

It's okay, he isn't a good stalker because I actually managed to evade him yesterday and he has not yet appeared today.

So there I was yesterday at South County in the computer lab and suddenly, there's LS. (Remember how I said he wasn't a good stalker?) LS comes up, says hi, and starts sucking up. Sucking up doesn't work on me and it just makes me think you're more pitiful than I already did. (Notice how absolutely none of my friends are suck ups.)

Well, I had an appointment on the fourth floor, so up I went to use the phone and, suddenly, I realize that LS is using the phone next to me. This is when I kinda freaked out because I missed that one completely. However... I am much smarter than LS looks, so I quietly stood up, gathered my stuff, and snuck out of the office to go down to the third floor where it was way too busy for me. Since it was too busy, I then snuck back down in the elevator to the first floor and headed over to the library.

Whew! I escaped.

The moral of the story: I am way too nice and way too polite. I have got to learn how to be far meaner than I am. I know I came through the last bout of depression with my edge back and I was certainly Ms. Feisty yesterday, but it's still difficult for me to not be nice. It may help that my favorite word is no.

Speaking of feisty, I was feisty beyond belief yesterday morning. Several of us were treated to someone deciding to preach at us first thing in the morning and my rather loud "enough" wasn't enough to shut him up. Fortunately, someone else managed to take care of that piece. Then he started ranting in a nice loud voice right next to me and I put my book down, put my hand up and said "No" twice. You know, when I think about it, I trained my dogs the same way. Now, he was taken aback at that one, but merely waited a few minutes and started in again in a more quiet tone of voice. That was when I looked at him and informed him that nobody was interested in being preached at quite that early in the morning. Now that shut him up and I received more than one expression of thanks.

Cut to later in the day when I had my stuff sitting in front of my seat and someone came up and put a Trader Joe's bag in my chair. She put it down and I picked it right back up and said, "No." Now that freaked her out too but I still made it stick.

Right before that happened, I was accused of making strange finger gestures and pointing at someone. I informed her that I hadn't been doing that and inquired how the paranoia worked for her. Yes, I really did. I asked about her paranoia.

Was that it? Of course not, I had more to go and that's because Faux-Lia decided to attack me verbally. Mark always used to say I shouldn't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person but sometimes it's just too difficult to resist. I had been told by the owner to remove a backpack and take his seat and Faux-Lia decided it was her mission in life to correct me on my non-misconception. Now, if you've ever met Faux-Lia, you know she won't let go and she won't let go and she won't let go until she has not only beaten the dead horse, but flayed it and cut it up into steaks too. I looked at her yesterday afternoon and informed her that I didn't need to listen to her crap and walked off, leaving her stammering and saying that all she did was tell me, etc. Yeah, it started there and it would not have stopped until I smacked her anyway. Faux-Lia got all freaked because I used to be one of the few people who was nice to her and still speaking to her. And let me tell you that speaking to her is not easy because she's a little... ummm... crazy. She informed me once that page 1000-whatever of Obamacare stipulates that we are all going to be microchipped. She also told me that she was one test away from getting her R.N. license but they wouldn't let her take the test because she came in all bruised from domestic violence. You know, it's not that I don't believe her, it's just that I don't believe her.

::thud::  <-- head hitting table

I'm convinced that there was some higher power at work yesterday keeping me safe.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are so not a suck up and you know it, you wench

      Delete
  2. Call me a wench all you like, but remember I'm YOUR wench! Muhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, yes, you are my wench and don't you forget it... wench. :)

      Delete