Friday, January 18, 2013

I am...

Positive affirmations are a wonderful way of dealing with a lack of self-confidence, self-worth, and depression.

I am beautiful.
I am funny.
I am special (and I don't mean in a short bus kind of way).
I am loveable.
I am likable.
I am a good friend.
I am talented.
I am incredibly intelligent.
I am vivacious and flirtatious.
I am a slice of fabulous drizzled with awesome sauce (thanks, CV)
I am also getting my hair cut before I tear it out (no, not really, but there are days).
I have gorgeous, dancing eyes
I have a wonderful smile.
I attract good people and want them in my life.
I may even be willing to celebrate my birthday this year and not just with Cathy (yes, CV, that may be express, written permission to embarrass me.)
I am grateful for my meds.
I am...

Now that that's done, I'd like to point out that positive and negative connotations don't really exist except in our own minds. There is only neutral until we assign it a value.

That said, tell yourself ten nice things about yourself today. And, if you're really good, you can look yourself in the eye in the mirror when you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment