Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Is it on my right? Or my other right?

So someone was looking for the laundromat today and she was told it was on the right.

Her response: "Which right?"

My thought: There's only one. But what I said was "It's on YOUR right." I don't think it sunk in.

Think before you open your mouths, people. Really. And I'll try to do the same, but I do have that bad habit of thinking with my mouth hanging open.

I think I need a filter.

Speaking of which, well, not really... Turns out I'm much more interested in the Capitals' new coach than I am in the Caps themselves. I'm all Oatesy, all the time. Who cares what the players are doing? Tell me all about the coach.

I remember an interview he did with Barry Melrose many years ago, when he was still playing for the Capitals. He started talking about teaching the younger guys how to do things without making it look like he was actually teaching them. He also talked about the physics of the game and what it took to land a pass perfectly so that the forward could just shoot the puck as it hit his stick. I saw that a couple times with Oates and Bondra, right off the face-off and it was a thing of beauty. Closest I've seen to those passes is the one Alexander Semin made a few years ago that floated over the defenseman's stick and landed right where Tomas Fleischmann needed it to score. The reporters started talking about Flash's pass and all the guys could talk about was Sasha's pass.

Every goal starts with a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment