Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat Stroke

So I had to tell a couple people last night that my sweet (but very rambunctious) Marlowe had died two weeks ago from heat stroke. I also stated my very firmly held opinion that people are more important than dogs. Yes, they are, don't even try to tell me they aren't.

I had the joy of sitting with someone who feels that dogs are more important than people are. Same person also informed me, obliquely, that she knows more than vets do about heat stroke. In fact, if we'd just called this person two weeks ago, she could have saved Marlowe!

Of course the vet couldn't save him and the vet, in fact, was the one who recommended putting him down (and did it gratis). I already knew that Marlowe wasn't going to make it and I was the one who had already originally it up. But, yeah, way to be incredibly sensitive, telling me that she could have saved him because she knew what to do.

Seriously pissed me off. My solution last night? I just stopped speaking to her. My solution next time? Yeah, watch me keep my mouth shut twice. Not gonna happen and then I get to go all whackadoodle on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment