Saturday, June 18, 2011

Manners on Television

As most people who know me are aware, I have recently become hooked on a couple iterations of Bravo's Real Housewives series. New Jersey is losing me, but NYC is going strong. So I just had to comment on two things that happened over the last two episodes.

As proof that having money and being part of 'society' doesn't mean having either class or manners, I present Alex McCord. (If you don't watch the show, here's the Wikipedia  link and here's the Bravo link.) Now, I'm not Miss Manners and I don't play her in real life, on television, and definitely not on the internet. However, even I know that the rudest thing you can possibly do is to point out that someone else is being rude. No matter how rude they are, pointing it out trumps their rudeness. How's that for fun? So, Alex, I hate to tell you this (well, not really), but LuAnn was right when she said that it was none of your business what transpired between herself and Ramona and you trumped everything that LuAnn did by informing her that she was rude. Of course, I have now trumped both of you, but, hey, I never pretended otherwise.

I think my favorite housewife, though, is Kelly. And that was before I found out she was from Rockford, Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment