Friday, June 17, 2011

Brioche, it's not just for eating

There are some absolutely beautiful two-color brioche patterns out there and as soon as I finish my Apple Blossom Cardigan for little Miss Lilly Straney (in the colorway Leid' in Hawaii -- sensing a theme here?), I'm going to start on a scarf called the Leafy Lacey Brioche Keyhole Scarf. Now I just need to pick out yarn. Maybe a brown and blue combination?

In further whackadoodle sitings, I had two live ones yesterday, both vehicular. The first was terribly unhappy with me because I was refusing to turn right on a red light. Never mind that turning right would have gotten me hit by the oncoming traffic. There the jerk sat, behind me, leaning on his horn because I wouldn't move. Maybe he didn't mind if he got his POS cracked up, but I'd rather keep my car with only about 4,500 miles on it intact, thankyouverymuch.

The second siting was sitting on the stoplight at the corner of Telegraph Rd. and North Kings Highway. His truck had broken down and apparently those decorative items, also known as hazard lights, weren't working. We sat and sat and sat at that light before it finally turned green. And that's because the sensor wasn't being tripped due to the person with the nonfunctional car sitting in place at the head of the line. Now, I'm usually willing to make allowances because there but for the grace of the FSM go I, but, again with the hazard lights are supposed to be functional, not decorative. If they'd been on, I could have turned right and gone to a different gas station.

While I'm ranting, the City of Alexandria has a racket going on. But it's a racket that can also work in my favor and I like those kinds of rackets. We've finally entered the 21st century and now have the parking machines that take credit cards and issue receipts with times and dates on them to put on your dashboard. So, yesterday, I went to my LYS and paid my $3.50 to park and here's where the racket comes in at because I left after an hour and that extra hour couldn't be used by anyone else. No more meters with five minutes left on them. Plus the hours of parking are now extended by two hours to 7:00 p.m. and the city took away the two free slots on the corner on King and Fayette right outside the LeStar Bridal. So, no free parking, no riding another person's leftover meter time, parking is more expensive at $1.75/hour instead of $1.25/hour, and if I don't use all my paid-for time, too bad, so sad. BUT!!! There is a bright side here because I can take that receipt that's good for a full two hours and park somewhere else in the Alexandria without having to invest more money into my parking. Have I mentioned how much I love finding loopholes?

Okay, off to contact a friend for breakfast. It's my first vegetarian breakfast out and it could be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment