Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Orphans

Mark always had a line he used when talking about children who didn't behave in public. He called them orphans, because children with parents didn't act like that.

Well, I met a couple of orphans last night and I believe I convinced Ms. B that there really is such a thing. Apparently, the so-called mothers, were sitting chit-chatting, not that there's anything wrong with that because I do it well myself sometimes. However, they let their two daughters run wild through the restaurant while they did. Running wild meant chasing each other around the furniture by the fireplace (and someone pulled a Carol on them by sitting in one of the armchairs, thus foiling their plans to chase each other around the fireplace and climb all over the chairs). It also meant getting one of the nice people who work there in a bit of trouble because they decided to make lemonade. They had their little water glasses and they got lemons and sugar from the soft drink area and proceeded to make a mess all over one of the tables, which someone else, of course, had to clean up (the nice lady who was told that she had to make sure the tables were clean). And, naturally, when the girls saw the adults gathered around their mess, they stopped and avoided it.

I kept waiting for one of them to run into B and then I was going to cut loose. As it was, I was ready to go to the manager about the little brats, but he'd already curtailed some of their activities.

Orphans, I swear. Because children with parents don't act like that.

On an unrelated note, it's amazing what a change in management makes. I tried to get a railing for Mark on the bottom steps to our condo and was told no. I told them that I had issues on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays because Fastran picked him up for dialysis and was told too bad, so sad, they were going to do what they had to do and they couldn't (wouldn't) cater to anyone who was handicapped. So now a downstairs neighbor asked for a railing and guess what was installed this morning. I don't begrudge him the railing for a minute because he really needs it. However, it does anger me that his request was considered while mine was shut down before it even got moving. Of course, we also have a different property manager now and that could most definitely be it. (And I'll admit to using the rail this morning too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment